Sunday, May 29, 2011

Awesome Sunday!!!

So today I awoke to my phone ringing... and you will never guess what happened!!!

My cousin came over and power washed the front of my house, so now my front porch is super clean and so are my windows. Now I own a power washer that I have never used but after watching my cousin work today I think I will pull my little power washer out and give it a try on the rest of the windows around the house and on the brick that has mildew on them from the large oak trees that I have in my yard. I love having a brick house because I will never have to worry about having the whole house painted. A little trim paint every couple of years  and everything will look like new again.

There are little rocks mixed into my cement steps.... they are quite adorable and I didn't even know they were there. Now I just need to scrape and paint the railings. I am waffling between black or white. As you can see they were previously white but the shutters on the windows are black, thus the dilemma.

In other news today I also did some work. I started painting furniture today. After several months of surfing the internet looking at blogs of other peoples furniture redos I decided to try my hand at it.

The Before:





And a Peek at the after:



So that was how productive my Sunday has been, and I throughly enjoyed spending time with my mother and with my cousin. Some times I think I have the best family in the world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment