Thursday, April 21, 2011

Redoing the Hardwood Floors

So there are hardwood floors under that atrocious blue carpet that we pulled out a week after I closed on the house ( had to wait on Trash day, I couldn't afford a dumpster ;-) ). But the floors were seriously cruddy from dirt and carpet powder seeping through the carpet pad for the last oh 20-30 years.
Seriously people, if you are going to have carpet in your home do not use carpet powder. When you steam clean the carpet that powder gets wet and flows right through the carpet pad to the floor, making things harder for people like myself with allergies and sinusitis who come along after you and pull all that nasty carpet out.
So yesterday my father came over to the house with his little tools to see if he could do the floors. Of course this was an overly inadequate solution but we were able to see the potential so today I am off to rent a commercial sander and begin the process of sanding down my floors so they can be refinished.
Sorry this post doesn't have before pictures I am at work, so no uploading for me. Will try to add some later.

No comments:

Post a Comment