Thursday, July 7, 2011

Paying the Piper

Ok who said that Family isn't the greatest. I think I might have mentioned that my Aunt the amazing seamstress has been working on all of the sewing projects in my house. This includes the curtains, the upholstery on the living room chairs and anything else that I can think up and imagine. And so far everything has been great.


There is only one dark cloud to this story. Of course my aunt was making all these amazing items for free for me. So in exchange I promised to whip up some business cards and take some photos on all the different projects and create a portfolio for her prospective clients to flip through.

Enter the side-eye.... OK so I hadn't started on any of these projects and she has almost completed all of mine. I am officially the worst niece ever. So tonight I came in from work... "cough" took a nap... and then set out to make the greatest business cards ever.
So I can say mission " Business Cards" is now complete and I need to work on mission Portfolio but there is less of a rush for this one because I haven't finished painting the frames for my sofa because the weather has been really intermittent here and I am kinda afraid of dragging the chair outside and it getting caught in a random drive by shower. But I saw an awesome blog post today that has me itching to do some indoor spray painting. I think I'm going to tent off my den and turn it into a temp painting studio so I can get this one last chair out of the way.

Ok so I am definitely sitting in the better niece category I just need to deliver the cards so the rest of the world knows this to.

No comments:

Post a Comment