Friday, July 15, 2011

Guess What I Found!!!

I have had an obscene fascination with cut flowers. After calling around trying to find tulips I discovered most florist shops charge anywhere from $4 to $6 for each stem.... Yikes!!!
Don't they know I just purchased a house. I can't be splurging on flowers that cost the much. Heck the power company just decided to increase their rates. I'm poor dontcha know.....

Well  I guess you are wondering where I am going with this right. I went to Winn Dixie, a local grocery store chain, today to return my redbox rental and a sign caught my eye. They were selling bouquets of roses for 9.99. Now this isn't uncommon in most grocery stores and in some drug stores locally, but this reminded me that Winn Dixie actually has a florist section. Now I went right before closing so there wasn't anyone actually in this area but there were bins and buckets of grab and go flowers located on the counter and floor.

I was in Flower Heaven.

 So I approached the bin on the counter to get a better look at the bundles and instantly fell in love with several of the bouquets.


These beautiful flowers were $2.00 a bundle.... can you believe that!!!!! Only 2 bucks!

But I really wanted some yellow flowers and I got a bundle for $1.00!  Yes... Just a measly buck! Take that expensive florist!
Will edit later with the pictures from my diningroom. Right now blogger wont let me upload them... boo

No comments:

Post a Comment